Truth is Truth

Whever it is found
and
Whoever is sharing it

Thursday, November 8, 2007

This has been one of those days....

That is how a lot of sad-sap stories start off....

"woah is me"

"this isn't fair"

"why do these things always happen to me???"

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!"

Today is a good day. Blissful, some would say...

One of those days when things line up and you just "know"... ya know?

A couple of things happened.

And, sometimes I forget
(and have allowed others to make me falsely believe otherwise)
just how incredibly charmed my life is....

I got mad skills and I always seem to take my focus off of it somehow.....

Today was a reminder, a hint, of my magnificent possibility that is always just hangin' around.... waiting for me to reach over a grab it... and run with it...like a horse just grazing and wondering if I'm ever gonna sling that saddle back up there again... poor thing... I just keep forgetting about it.....

But, heh heh... Today I saw things lining up again... just like it is supposed to... without the musty, knotted ropes of misery tethering me down. Weighing-actually pulling- me down.

I forgot that I am Golden...

I didn't beat cancer for nothing, right?

Yesterday I woke up to a wimpy tune in the air:
How am I supposed to start fresh when my past just keeps reaching into my future
and pulling me into my present


Today, I was startled to:
Doing easily what others find difficult is talent;
doing what is impossible for others is genius.

And, throughout the day.... I could hear the bouncy and repetitive tune:
Your intelligence is measured by those around you;
if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate.
(that makes me laugh)

But finally tonight as I realize what is ahead for me.... I have to remember:
Talent is God-given. Be humble.
Fame is man-given. Be grateful.
Conceit is self-given. Be careful.


So, let's remember to be mindful, now...

Good times,
Good times indeed

~Chris

No comments: