Truth is Truth

Whever it is found
and
Whoever is sharing it

Friday, September 21, 2007

Slam Poetry and how to be a comedian

Taylor Mali made me do many things this past weekend during the two workshops and the performance Saturday night.

1) he opened my eyes to a lot of something that I did not know was out there

2) he made me appreciate something that I did not know was out there

3) he actually made me speak a lot slower this past week with no umms, no errrs, no uhhhhs, and to speak deliberately

4) he reminded me how vital it is to carefully choose your words

5) he made me say things in front a group of strangers that always before was "not my thing"...

6) he made me laugh out loud....many times...

7) he made me realize something that had been put on the back burner for a while.... philosophical, well-spoken intelligent humor IS still the most gratifying and really the funniest funny of all

8) he opened a new arena for comedy for me in a way that was precisely why I signed up for college...

CLICK BELOW FOR TALENT...

Taylor Mali What Teachers Make


~Chris

No comments: